Monday 7 January 2013

Welcome


My new year’s resolution this year (apart from reading more, or well, actually finishing the books I start to read, instead of getting distracted) is to start a blog. Not a blog about my fascinating life (read: non-existent), but about archaeology.

My name is Georgie, and I am currently a first year PhD student in archaeology at the University of Cambridge. My research is focused on a spatial analysis of British Iron Age hillforts in three distinct regions. We often find that politics are reflected in the landscape – I am using this idea to map and explore the spatial relations between hillforts, and the other settlement types during the Iron Age in Britain (c. 800 BC – 43 AD), and see what that can reveal about Iron Age society (if anything!).

I would like to use this blog to widen my understanding of current archaeology – mainly in the British Isles, but further afield as well. The point of posting this in a blog is to share this knowledge with other people, and in a way that anyone will be able to engage with - i.e. not just for archaeologists, I hope! This week is just an introduction, and for me to post something online away from social networking sites. Next week (and all other circumstances permitting, every Monday), will be my first archaeological update, although I have no idea what I’ll be talking about then.

Here’s hoping that someone other than my friends may read this!

No comments:

Post a Comment